The lawyers at Simpson Partners have extensive experience in advising homeowners and property developers in relation to disputes with local councils, including Sutherland Shire Council.
We can assist in the following ways:
- Advising on your rights of appeal against Council’s decision to refuse or approve a development application
- Representation in Land and Environment Court proceedings by council for breaches of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other local government and planning legislation
- Advice to applicants prior to lodgement of a development application on prospects of obtaining development consent
- Advice regarding a council’s refusal or approval of an application under a tree management order
- Advice regarding council orders under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Local Government Act 1993 for illegal or unauthorised development
- Reclassification of council-owned land
- Advice on rights of appeal to the Land and Environment Court against refusals of applications for a building certificate
- Appeals against rating decisions
- Advice on appeals against rezoning of land
- Advice on the impact of, and rights of appeal against, proposed heritage listings
- Preparation of written objections to proposed development
- Advice on the preparation of objections to development standards under State Environmental Planning Policy No 1.