Top 6 tips when making a workplace injury claim

If you have been injured at work an experienced lawyer can advise you of your rights and help you to claim workers compensation. The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) regulates and administers the workers compensation system in New South Wales. This is a...Read More

What a Will Kit doesn’t do

There are various ‘Will Kits’ available on-line – most are cheap or ‘free’ and all you need to do is download them and fill in the blanks. Many websites boast that you can prepare your Will ‘without spending hundreds of dollars on legal fees’. Simple, right? Not...Read More

New laws for off-the-plan purchases in New South Wales

New South Wales has introduced laws for off-the-plan residential property contracts to foster improved transparency and protection for purchasers. The reforms amend the Conveyancing Act 1919 (NSW) and Conveyancing (Sale of Land) Regulation 2017 and commenced on 1...Read More

Choosing a Business Structure

There are 4 main types of business structures for doing business in Australia, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. A person can carry on business as a sole trader, partnership, trust and company. The choice of business structure is an important decision...Read More

10 thing to know about Public Notaries

10 thing to know about Public Notaries The terms Notary Public, Public Notary and Notary mean the same thing and can be used interchangeably in Australia. In New South Wales, a Notary is an experienced lawyer who has: undertaken additional studies to become a Notary;...Read More

How much should I leave my children in my Will?

Knowing that any of your children are eligible to make a Family Provision claim to challenge your Will after you pass away, we are often asked, “how much is enough to leave each of them?” We are usually asked this question when a person does not wish to provide for...Read More

De facto relationships and property

De facto relationships and property. Are you in a de facto relationship? Do you have a binding financial agreement setting out how your assets and financial resources will be divided should your relationship break down?  Has your relationship broken down and you want...Read More

Recovering a debt in New South Wales

You are owed money and have been unsuccessful in having it paid despite numerous call, emails and letters. What do you do now? Letter of demand The first step is to have a solicitor write a letter of demand. A letter of demand is a letter to the debtor stating that...Read More